//

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My FIFPro World XI Player Awards shortlist

FIFA released a shortlist of their nominees for the World XI Player Awards. I thought I’d choose my 11 from the list.

My shortened-shortlist is:

Goalkeeper: Italy’s Gianluigi Buffon which plays for Juventus nudges Chelsea keeper Petr Cech by a whisker because he’s slightly more polished.

Defenders: Brazilian Cafu from AC Milan and Argentine international Gabriel Heinze from Manchester United are my pairing right and left.

In central defense I’d want Rio Ferdinand from Manchester United and Jaap Stam from AC Milan.

Midfielders: My midfield would team up Brazilian wunderkind Kaka from AC Milan with England international Frank Lampard from Chelsea in midfield. Barcelona wide man Ronaldinho and Christiano Ronaldo from Manchester United would play the wings.

Forwards: Couldn’t be easier: Thierry Henry from Arsenal and Inter Milan’s devastating Adriano.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice team with two number eights. and no six.

i wud go 4
buffon
cafu stam maldini heinze
c.ronaldo gattuso deco ronaldinho
henry rooney

8/12/2005 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Borrow Money From People. Low Rates. No Banks. Earn 8-12%. Great Returns. No Banks.