//

Monday, May 28, 2007

Flamini chooses for a career

Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini has stated his intention to leave the Gunners because of a lack of playing time. Who can blame him? He’s played pretty well but Arsenal always seem to have someone a bit better or more highly rated, relegating the player to playing out of position and Cup ties.

"In my first season at Arsenal, I played in all the matches in the FA Cup only to be left out of the team for the final. Last year, I played in every match in the Champions league but was left on the bench for the final. Then last season I played in a lot of the Carling Cup campaign but once more I didn't play in the final. “ -Flamini

Flamini has not started a game since February, at this rate he’ll be the also-ran of also-rans.

He’s a good player, just not a great player. He’s seen player after player join Arsenal and move ahead of him and I can imagine this gets frustrating over time. It’s better for him to leave, something he should have done already.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes he should leave to join a crap club like Tottenham Hotcraps where he will be appreciated. He'll never get past a spare player at The Arsenal.

Besides, I've always hated him.

5/28/2007 4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I've always hated him" - Were you hating him when he stood in at left back in the Champions League games and contributed to us getting to the final? How about when he scored the first goal against Liverpool when we beat them 3-0? I suppose you were. Frankly, with some of the laziness we have seen now and again from some of the players, someone with a bit more guts like Flamini might well have done us some good. I'd rather see Ljungberg and a few others go before Flamini. BTW - I saw Flamini last week and he speaks very highly of you too...

5/28/2007 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Borrow Money From People. Low Rates. No Banks. Earn 8-12%. Great Returns. No Banks.