//

Friday, January 21, 2005

Tottenham sign mediocre player

Tottenham have signed Egyptian striker Mido from Roma on loan for the remainder of the season. Sorry Tottenham, but I think this is a bad move.

Mido’s first large club was Ajax Amsterdam. It was the first opportunity I had to seem him play. I was not impressed, in fact I wondered how long he would actually last there. His play was a bit lackadaisical and he lacked (what seemed like) basic ambition and drive. To my surprise he moved to France to play with reasonable results.

Mido then joined Roma from Marseille last September and has quickly fallen out of favor at Roma. In my opinion there is a good reason he was not playing, as the Spurs will likely soon learn.

There were better players out there. Martin Jol looks a good coach, lets see if this transfer is not an ominous sign of a coming rash of bad buys wrecking a squad.

Often a player gets his act together when he realizes his career is sunk if a move like this doesn’t work. I sense that it won’t matter much.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, this player stinks

1/21/2005 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Borrow Money From People. Low Rates. No Banks. Earn 8-12%. Great Returns. No Banks.