//

Friday, July 06, 2007

Reo-Coker a Hammer no Longer

Aston Villa have ended the protracted transfer situation and signed West Ham midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker.

The 23 year old was transferred for 8.5m pounds for a 4 year contract. He passed a medical at Villa Park on Thrusday.

While Reo-Coker moves clubs, he doesn’t change colors as West Ham and Villa share almost identical strip. He made 142 appearances for the West Ham and guided the club to a promotion back to the Premiership. He was the team’s youngest ever captain, as well as being the England U-21 skipper.

"People ask me if I felt I was hung out to dry at West Ham and I believe I was - I was made the scapegoat" –Reo-Coker

Don’t expect a warm reception the next time you are at Upton Park, Nige.

Reo-Coker is Villa’s first signing of the summer. Gavin McCann moved to Bolton and Steven Davis joined Fulham, so Villa needed midfielders. They also need to hold on to John Carew up front too as he is actively being courted by FC Porto.

In the end Reo-Coker cost West Ham 500,000 pounds when he moved from Wimbledon so there is a tidy profit realized regardless of who has a bad taste in their mouths.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Em4Lyf said...

I know this has nothing to do with the post but can you PLEASE make the Coentrao video downloadable? At rapidshare.com or something? I'm working on a U20 World Cup video review about him but I don't the game against New Zealand. I really need it and I'll surely credit you in the video. My e-mail is Em4Lyf@hotmail.com if you can do me the favor of sending the link.

Please and thank you. :)

7/06/2007 7:21 AM  
Blogger Rio said...

the story of WHU continues...

7/10/2007 5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Borrow Money From People. Low Rates. No Banks. Earn 8-12%. Great Returns. No Banks.