//

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Middlesbrough Gera-ing up?

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate is set to reignite his attempt to sign Zoltan Gera from West Bromich Albion. Southgate first attempted to sign the Hungarian international midfielder during the January transfer window but failed because a fee could not be agreed.

Gera has pledged not to force a move ala Jason Koumas from The Hawthorns but insists his future lies in the Premiership.

“I’ve told all concerned parties that I want to leave but I’ve never thought of using any tricks to persuade my bosses to let me go.” -Gera

Gera first asked to leave Albion when they were relegated but was forced to stay on as part of a rebound push. It has not happened and its 2 seasons on, Albion should let him go if he wishes. It’s now up to Southgate to make a reasonable offer. I’ve always felt Gera was a very talented player and would be a solid signing. He scores goals from midfield, something Boro will need after losing Mark Vidula.

First on Southgate’s list is right winger Gokdeniz Karadeniz of Trabzonspor but the move has stalled over the club’s distinctly different valuations. While Gera is not a first choice, I think he’d be a better option because he has experience in England.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I for one would rather have Zoltan

6/26/2007 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Gera stays at the Hawthorns because I think that this time promotion will come for the Baggies.

6/27/2007 1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Borrow Money From People. Low Rates. No Banks. Earn 8-12%. Great Returns. No Banks.