//

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Guti worth the Premiership interest?

Real Madrid midfielder Guti would probably do better at another club. I had clubs like Real Sociedad or Villareal in mind. But it has emerged that the lifetime Real Madrid player wants to play in England.

I’m rather surprised at the clubs interest. He’s a mature 28 year with very low mileage and a generally polished player, but in a market where much better prospects exist, why would top Premiership teams want to spend the money?

Manchester United are said to be interested, but is Guti really the midfielder Manchester United need? I’m not convinced. Can you picture him as a United player? Carlos Quieroz, a former coach, offers the obvious link, but Guti could easily go the wrong way there.

And what would Guti add to Liverpool’s midfield already stacked with Alonso, the resigned Hamann and Gerrard? If his intention is to get more regular football, I don’t see it at Liverpool. Barring injury, he would not get too many games.

So if Guti wants a stint England, what is left? Arsenal are losing Edu to Valencia. But Arsenal could do with a bit more toughness in midfield, so maybe that’s not the best fit for Guti.

It looks like teams such as Tottenham, Newcastle, Everton, Bolton and Middlesbrough remain as potential suitors. And that’s not a lot different from joining Real Sociedad or Villareal.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent player over can do good over time play uk

6/19/2005 6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I really thought that this blog has class. Stupid me. Sorry, dude, but if you want to write on soccer for living - like I do - you better rethink your opinions on soccer.

6/19/2005 3:07 PM  
Blogger Football Commentator said...

I dont write about football for a living, nor do I want to.

I write what is on my mind.

If you want to write about football for a living, start by using the right word... its football

6/20/2005 7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog and your usually right

bloggers have jobs to that dumass above

6/20/2005 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Borrow Money From People. Low Rates. No Banks. Earn 8-12%. Great Returns. No Banks.