//

Friday, February 11, 2005

Roy Keane set to retire

In 18 months Manchester United will be without one of their most important players of the last decade. Captain Roy Keane has commented that he plans to retire from football when his contract ends in 18 months.

"I'm enjoying my football, but when I signed my contract I believed it would be my last playing contract and I still believe that to be the case." -Keane

Now 33 and creeping up to 35 at contract’s end, it’s a good possibility, at least to give up the place at Manchester United. Retire? I don’t know, maybe a smaller league because he’s a very competitive guy, interesting to see what happens; and also see who they may target for a transfer since Djemba-Djemba is now at Aston Villa.

Borrow Money From People. Low Rates. No Banks. Earn 8-12%. Great Returns. No Banks.