//

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Premiership notes from Sat. Jan 23 gameday

A few performances of notice today came from Chelsea as a team now with some 10 hours un-scored upon.

I’ve wanted to write for a few months about Papa Bouba Diop, who again seemed to impress. He finally seems to be showing that form we saw with Senegal in the 2002 World Cup. Remember that goal he scored when he ran the length of the pitch? While his countryman Salif Diao has now moved to Birmingham for the rest of the season we can see if a change of club can give him a change of fortune. I still think Diao can become a great player.

Boa Morte and Morientes shouldn’t flop.

I know that I am going to get head shakes in disagreement, but I sense Liverpool are going to finish the season strongly and beat out Everton into the 4th Champion’s League spot. Today they looked disorganized, but there is a lot there to sort out and injuries have hurt them. All things said, they are still 5th with the 4th best goal difference in the league. This team can handle adversity and only needs a good stretch with the same 11. Benitez is a good coach, albeit slow in adapting, which can get Liverpool there.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HOPE that pool will finish strongly i really do but by the way things are going,im just afraid..I disagree with the DIAO part.I do not think he can become anything great at all

soccerspecs.blogspot.com

1/23/2005 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Borrow Money From People. Low Rates. No Banks. Earn 8-12%. Great Returns. No Banks.