//

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Bryan Robson sounds the horn

West Bromwich Albion coach Bryan Robson is putting a lock on the gate:

Zoltan Gera will be going nowhere - no matter what division we're in next season"
And

"What I want is to add more Geras to the squad. Not let them go. Nobody will leave unless I say so. Nobody has any escape clause in their contract." -Robson
Reading the comments from the BBC I couldn’t help but think of how he was signaling relegation to his team, I wondered why he said this publicly.

The conclusion I've reached is that it’s a motivational tactic: everyone goes down with the ship. I don’t think anxiety is a good motivational tool. Oh, and it’s the captain that goes down, not the sailors.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Football Commentator said...

Albion stayed up... looks like it worked.

People will always react when their mortality or sustinance is threatened.

I'm glad to see Zoltan Gera stay in the Premiership.

6/09/2005 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Borrow Money From People. Low Rates. No Banks. Earn 8-12%. Great Returns. No Banks.