//

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Is Mourinho trying to force the hand of big club?

When I read that Jose Mourinho was interested in the England manager's job, I was surprised, very surprised. I started to wonder what has caused the change of heart. Why would he take a job in which he wouldn't play in a tournament for 3 years? The former Chelsea manager has recently been linked with the Tottenham and Liverpool job, but he can't work in England until next year. Could he be trying to force the hand of Barcelona?

My feeling here is that he wants to pressure Barcelona to sign him. If Barca were aware that he might be unavailable, its reasonable to think they might move faster to replace Frank Rijkaard and swoop for Mourinho.

This would be the only explanation I can muster, Mourinho is not the type of manager to wait 3 years to achieve something and could be using the FA as a lever towards a move to Spain.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...

makes more sense than actually *wanting* to coach out shitty national team

12/05/2007 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This would be the only comment I can muster"

And who the hell are you, that I should give credence to your attempt to "muster" anything?

12/05/2007 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Borrow Money From People. Low Rates. No Banks. Earn 8-12%. Great Returns. No Banks.