//

Saturday, August 18, 2007

One from 40 yards out is incredible, but two?

Matthew Taylor was in rare form last season for scoring incredible goals. Against Sunderland and Everton last season he uncorked a pair of incredible goals for Portsmouth from over 40 yards out each.

He scored them both from almost the same spot on the pitch as well. It reminds me of something my grandmother once said on a visit which even today makes me laugh. To put it in context, she knew nothing about football or television for that matter, she didn’t even have one. I was about 10 years old, she was walking thru the room as a goal was scored; she saw it and pretended to care by asking who was winning. My father told her. She stared at the TV for a moment and as they showed the replay she remarked “oh, dear look, they’ve scored another one exactly the same”. Everyone broke out laughing and she couldn’t understand why.

Taylor’s goals were truly world class. In both instances, the goalkeepers were left with no chance. A player would be lucky to score one like this in an entire career. Taylor scored both of his about a season apart.

Here is the first one against Sunderland, October 29, 2005:


And the second, my pick of the pair against Everton, December 9, 2006:


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...

luvley :-)

8/18/2007 11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having read this I thought it was extremely informative.
I appreciate you taking the time and effort to put this information together.
I once again find myself personally spending way too much time both reading and leaving comments.
But so what, it was still worthwhile!

Also visit my site :: fastest way to lose weight

4/23/2013 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Borrow Money From People. Low Rates. No Banks. Earn 8-12%. Great Returns. No Banks.